Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Facebook: Banned for Being Married and Lazy

My Facebook account was disabled. I was required to document my name so I scanned a copy of my driver's license and marriage certificate, which in the state of California is enough to document my name. My banks accept both my pre- and post- marriage names and no one has ever accused me of using a fake name. Here's Facebook's final ruling:

Hi,

Fake accounts are a violation of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. Facebook requires users to provide their real first and last names. Impersonating anyone or anything is prohibited, as is maintaining multiple profiles on the site. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reactivate this account for any reason. This decision is final.

Thanks for your understanding,

The Facebook Team


So, because I am a woman who married and took my spouse's name but did not get around to changing it on my California Driver's License I am impersonating myself and my account is canceled. There's a lawsuit in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment