Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sleeping bee


It was an unseasonably cool morning - closed all the windows last night and slept under blankets. On my morning walk through I found this bee sleeping it off on a tomato leaf. As you can see by the fuzziness of the photo I was more caffeinated than he was. I returned later to make sure he was alive and indeed, he had begun to stir.

Next door was this fellow - not sure what he is but have seen him around before.


I'm a little sad this morning. One of my squirrels injured one of his back legs - you could see his glassy eyes were full of pain. He's one of this year's newbies. He looked at me as if saying, "I didn't know this was part of the game." I left some shelled peanuts for him, hoping to make his life a tiny bit easier during this transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment