Sunday, October 10, 2010

Never more than 6 feet away


This little fellow crawled in through the kitchen window this morning and kept me company. He's sitting on a piece of broken glass that the former residents used to mulch the garden. I had a little talk with the spider. We decided that if I would not kill him he would be on his way. I know spiders are good but I'm still not that comfortable around them.


My son suggested I make a loaf of bread with a Jack O'Lantern face. I took a chance and hydrated the flour with canned pumpkin and water. It turned out very well, though I have not cut it open yet. That's 4 ingredients, mind you: flour, water, salt, and pumpkin. I used the stiff starter that Mark Stambler gave me. Can't wait to taste it.

I still had half a can of pumpkin left so made us smoothies with kefir, frozen bananas, cinnamon, sugar and pumpkin. Delicious. The boy loved it. I'll slowly cut back on the sugar. Getting him to drink 8 ounces of homemade kefir is victory enough for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment